Now, watch the video:
We recommend you watch the video at least twice.
In the first time, pay attention to the use of the vocabulary presented above.
Before playing it for the second time, take a look at the questions below. After watching it, try to answer them correctly.
1. Sara mentions she started the company Spanx because:
(a) she had USD 5,000 in savings
(b) she wanted to develop a new bra
(c) she was a frustrated consumer
(d) she is a self-made entrepreneur
2. According to Sara, when people say that your idea is not a great idea, that means:
(a) you’ve come up with something brand new
(b) they want to give you a compliment
(c) you need to make a complement to your product
(d) that your product is a waste of time.
3. What was her job before founding Spanx?
(a) She sold candies door-to-door
(b) She was a fashion designer
(c) She was an actress
(d) She sold fax machines
4. What are the three tips that she gives for entrepreneurs to focus in the beginning of their journeys?
(a) Make it, Sell it, Build Awareness
(b) Have an Idea, Find an Investor, Sell it
(c) Find an Investor, Make it, Sell it
(d) Build awareness, Find an Investor, Just do it
Check the answers at the end of the page.
Practice Your Listening Comprehension and Writing
Have you ever thought about starting a business? What kind of business would you like to to have?
List of Listening Classes:
- 5 Forces of Porter
- The Winners and Losers of Holiday Shopping Season
- CEO Talks – Leadership and Perspective
- OECD Global Economy Outlook for 2021
- Bernard Marr – Technology Trends for 2021
- How to Financially Thrive in the Long Run
- Ford’s Fight to Remain an American Icon
- How Memories Form and How Can We Lose Them
- Procurement vs Purchasing
- How Smartphones Sabotage Your Brain
- Peru Country Brand
- Hyperloop – The Future of Travel
- What is a Business Model?
- How to answer the question: Tell me about yourself?
- Why is poverty rising in Japan?
- The Tiny House Market
- Alibaba’s keyless and cashless hotel
- The Rise of Lowsumerism
- The Decoy Effect
- Does Your Job Match Your Personality?
- Google and Amazon are now in the oil business
- The Unicorn That Transformed the Design Industry
- Investment Real Estate
- Sara Blakely Teaches Entrepreneurship
- How Red Bull Makes Money?
- Interview with Paulo Kakinoff – CEO of Gol Airlines
- Sneaky Ways Starbucks Gets You to Spend More Money
- Mark Zuckerberg Testifies Before Senate
- 10 New Tech Inventions 2020
- Indra Nooyi
- Living on US$ 150k a Year in NYC
- The Internet’s Second Revolution
- Living on USD80k a Year in LA
- Farewell of Heineken CEO
- Ikea’s Capitalism
- Why Apple Fails in India?
- How to Create a Morning Routine – Tim Ferris
- Augmented Reality Magic Leap
- How to create a great brand name
- Case Interview
- The Future of Insurance
- Local Motors
- Don’t ever buy a car
- Coronavirus threatens to become a global economic pandemic
- Interview with Bill Gates in 1991
- Silent Meetings
- What is Design Thinking
- Why gender-based marketing is bad for business
- The Types of Mentors for Your Career
- Why Uber is Losing Money?
- Is Norway a Perfect Economy?
- Finding Your Passion
- Steve Jobs Speech
- Larry Page to Step Down
- Gravity CEO
- How to Structure Your Day for Peak Performance
- How to ask for a raise
- The Spectacular Rise and Fall of WeWork
- 10 Job Skills for 2020
- Alibaba’s New Retail Explained
- How to Create a Budget to Reach Your Financial Goals
- Tesla Solar Roof
- Don’t Just Sell Stuff – Satisfy Needs
- How to find the person who can help you get ahead at work?
- Radical Wisdom for a School, a Company, a Life
- Why some countries are rich and other countries are poor?
- Google Duplex
- Brazil World Cup Legacy
- Create Slides People Will Remember
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Digital Nomads
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Heineken – The Candidate
- Columbia Sportsware
- What do people want from their leaders?
- Artificial Intelligence
1-c / 2-a / 3-d / 4-a