Vocabulary list: important words and expressions for the video
Now, watch the video:
We recommend you watch the video at least twice.
In the first time, pay attention to the use of the vocabulary presented above.
Before playing it for the second time, take a look at the questions below. After watching it, try to answer them correctly.
Now, answer the questions:
1. Where is Googleplex located:
(a) Motor Hill
(b) San Francisco
(c) Mountain View
(d) Zurich, Switzerland
2. Which of the perks below is NOT offered by Google according to the video?
(b) free meals
(c) personal trainers
3. How many building comprise the Googleplex campus?
4. When do Googlers get a free massage?
(a) on their birthdays
(b) when they want to get rub down
(c) whenever they schedule it
(d) once in a while
5. What is considered a tradition from Google’s founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin?
(a) bouncing around on a physio ball
(b) using rollerblades in the office
(c) sleeping at the office
(d) doing their laundry in the office
6. How does the narrator refer to Zurich’s office?
(a) the craziest office
(b) the most international workplace
(c) victorian library
(d) the most expensive office
Check the answers at the end of the page.
Join the Discussion
Would you like to work at Google? What do you think are the pros and cons of this kind of work environment and structure?
List of Listening Classes:
- 5 Ways to Infuse Diversity and Inclusion Into Your Organization
- Is Sustainable Investing Just a Marketing Ploy?
- What is Open Banking?
- How Xiaomi Broke Out of China to go Global
- Why Birkin bags are so expensive
- Circular Economy
- United Airlines’ Bet on Supersonic Flight
- The Number 1 Predictor of Happiness in the Workplace
- Steve Jobs Talks About Managing People
- The Rise of Emirates
- 11 Best Investing Tips
- Loyalty in the Workplace
- The Adoption of 4.0 Technologies in Asia
- Introduction to Big Data
- How Digital Marketing Will Change in 2021
- 2021 Customer Experience Strategies
- 4 Ways to Embrace Conflict and Grow as a Leader
- What are NFTs?
- Why U.S. Malls are Disappearing
- When David Velez Tried to Open a Bank Account in Brazil
- Natura CEO Roberto Marques on the Avon Merger
- Getting to Yes Across Cultures
- Interview with Sheik Mohammed – Ruler of Dubai
- Why China Loves KFC
- How toilet paper companies dealt with 845% demand spike
- 3 Tips on Negotiation
- How Apple is Organized for Innovation
- What can we learn from eCommerce in China?
- Gain Competitive Advantage v4
- 5 Forces of Porter
- The Winners and Losers of Holiday Shopping Season
- CEO Talks – Leadership and Perspective
- OECD Global Economy Outlook for 2021
- Bernard Marr – Technology Trends for 2021
- How to Financially Thrive in the Long Run
- Ford’s Fight to Remain an American Icon
- How Memories Form and How Can We Lose Them
- Procurement vs Purchasing
- How Smartphones Sabotage Your Brain
- Peru Country Brand
- Hyperloop – The Future of Travel
- What is a Business Model?
- How to answer the question: Tell me about yourself?
- Why is poverty rising in Japan?
- The Tiny House Market
- Alibaba’s keyless and cashless hotel
- The Rise of Lowsumerism
- The Decoy Effect
- Does Your Job Match Your Personality?
- Google and Amazon are now in the oil business
- The Unicorn That Transformed the Design Industry
- Investment Real Estate
- Sara Blakely Teaches Entrepreneurship
- How Red Bull Makes Money?
- Interview with Paulo Kakinoff – CEO of Gol Airlines
- Sneaky Ways Starbucks Gets You to Spend More Money
- Mark Zuckerberg Testifies Before Senate
- 10 New Tech Inventions 2020
- Indra Nooyi
- Living on US$ 150k a Year in NYC
- The Internet’s Second Revolution
- Living on USD80k a Year in LA
- Farewell of Heineken CEO
- Ikea’s Capitalism
- Why Apple Fails in India?
- How to Create a Morning Routine – Tim Ferris
- Augmented Reality Magic Leap
- How to create a great brand name
- Case Interview
- The Future of Insurance
- Local Motors
- Don’t ever buy a car
- Coronavirus threatens to become a global economic pandemic
- Interview with Bill Gates in 1991
- Silent Meetings
- What is Design Thinking
- Why gender-based marketing is bad for business
- The Types of Mentors for Your Career
- Why Uber is Losing Money?
- Is Norway a Perfect Economy?
- Finding Your Passion
- Steve Jobs Speech
- Larry Page to Step Down
- Gravity CEO
- How to Structure Your Day for Peak Performance
- How to ask for a raise
- The Spectacular Rise and Fall of WeWork
- 10 Job Skills for 2020
- Alibaba’s New Retail Explained
- How to Create a Budget to Reach Your Financial Goals
- Tesla Solar Roof
- Don’t Just Sell Stuff – Satisfy Needs
- How to find the person who can help you get ahead at work?
- Radical Wisdom for a School, a Company, a Life
- Why some countries are rich and other countries are poor?
- Google Duplex
- Brazil World Cup Legacy
- Create Slides People Will Remember
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Digital Nomads
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Heineken – The Candidate
- Columbia Sportsware
- What do people want from their leaders?
- Artificial Intelligence
1-c / 2-d / 3-a / 4-a / 5-d / 6-b