In this class: content regarding Indian CEO’s, General Business, Leadership.
Indian accent / sotaque indiano.
Now, watch the video:
We recommend you watch the video at least twice.
In the first time, pay attention to the use of the vocabulary presented above.
Before playing it for the second time, take a look at the questions below. After watching it, try to answer them correctly.
1. Choose the alternative that contains a company which the CEO is not an Indian profissional:
(a) Google, Adobe, Twitter
(b) IBM, Google, Twitter
(c) Microsoft, Google, Twitter
(d) Oracle, Microsoft Twitter
2. Under Satya Narcela’s leadership, Microsoft has:
(a) Become the most valuable company in the world.
(b) More than tripled its market value in 7 years.
(c) Promoted changes in company’s culture and business focus.
(d) All alternatives are correct.
3. India as a country, has an ambition to:
(a) To be a leader in technology in the coming decades and in the coming years.
(b) Train its population to dominate all CEO positions in American tech companies.
(c) Acquire all American tech companies in the coming years.
(d) Repatriate the CEO’s that are in American companies to develop new businesses in India.
Check the answers at the bottom of the page.
Practice Your Listening Comprehension and Writing
Why do you think that there are so many Indian professionals in global CEO positions are large-sized multinational companies?
Why it is still not happening with Brazilian professionals, for example?
Where is the CEO (global and/or local) from?
List of Listening Classes:
- Project Risk Management
- The Fundamentals of Effective Selling
- What to Do If You’re Undervalued at Work
- How Much Money Can Tottenham’s Stadium Make?
- The Marketing Funnel Explained
- Economic Stimulus: Monetary and Fiscal Policy Explained
- Unspoken Rules for Getting Promoted
- Payrolls Soared by 336,000 in September
- How Beats By Dre Became a Multibillion-Dollar Brand
- How to Arrive at a Single Source of Truth in Your Datad
- 4 Ways to Get More Done in Less Time
- Buy the Dip in Tech
- Sara Blakely: How She Built SPANX from the Ground Up
- A Non-Techie’s 10-Minute Guide to Using GenAI
- Harvard Negotiator Explains How to Argue
- What is Kanban
- Omnichannel Strategy
- Introduction to Forecasting
- DeFi – Decentralized Finance
- What is the Pareto Principle
- Regulatory Affairs at RB
- Body Language Expert Explains How to Show Confidence
- Zoom Founder Eric Yuan Looks Back on the Pandemic Boom
- Why Half of U.S. Employees Aren’t Engaged at Work
- How Mastercard Plans to Beat Visa
- Business Development (BDR) in Tech Sales & SaaS Sales
- Why Implement Zero Trust
- What is Total Quality Management – TQM
- Top 5 Future In-Demand IT Skills
- Why Do Emotions In Marketing Matter?
- Apple launches high-yield savings account with 4.15% rate
- Johari Window Model
- Become a great strategic thinker
- The 7 Ingredients of Hypergrowth
- Anchoring Effect
- Why Canada is Making a Major Immigration Push￼
- Here is How Silicon Valley Bank Collapsed in 48 Hours
- How to Conduct a Feasibility Study
- Are Fintechs Disrupting Banks?
- What Does A UX Designer Actually Do?
- CEO Vincent Clerc: An exceptional year for Maersk
- Manufacturers use ‘shrinkflation’ to pass costs on to consumers
- How to Improve Your Accounts Receivable Collections
- Breaking Down Customer Segmentation
- What is ChatGPT and How You Can Use It
- Shopify Tells Employees to Purge Recurring Meetings
- Think Twice Before Updating Your Brand
- Business2Human: The Era of Customer-Centricity
- The Art of Persuasion Hasn’t Changed in 2000 Years
- INCOTERMS – Manage Export Shipping Costs and Risk with Incoterms
- Qatar Reverses Policy, Bans Alcohol from Stadiums
- How Starbucks Operates Like a Bank While Serving Coffee
- Elon Musk Lays Off Nearly 4,000 Twitter Employees
- Business Model Canvas
- The Next Wave of Innovation in Freight
- Creation of AirBnB
- Porsche IPO
- The Fed Raises Interest Rates to Combat Inflation
- The Future of Shopping: Technology Everywhere
- What explains Gautam Adani’s meteoric rise?
- TOP 5 Sales Pitch Tips
- How to Reduce Operating Expenses
- What is Web 3.0
- Negotiation Tactics to Use With Procurement
- Pricing Strategies – How to Price Your Product or Services For Maximum Profit
- How to Create OKRs If You Are Not Google
- How Companies Are Overhauling Supply Chains to Ease Bottlenecks
- 6 Reasons Why Cybersecurity Is Everyone’s Responsibility
- Business Lesson – The BCG Matrix Explained
- BATNA – 5 Tips To Become A Better Negotiator
- Is TikTok Stealing Market Share From Facebook?
- How I Would Learn to be a Data Analyst
- What is Corporate Governance?
- How Agile Methodology Really Works
- What is an Empathy Map in UX
- Cultural Issues on Working Remotely
- Fed’s Bostic Doesn’t See Need to Hike in 75 Basis Points Steps￼
- Write a Project Recap People Actually Want to Read
- War in Ukraine Cuts Fertilizer Supply, Hurting Food Prices and Farmers
- Datacenter x Cloud
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg: ‘No one can have it all’
- Why tracking carbon emissions is suddenly a billion dollar opportunity
- No More Salary Secrets
- Introduction to Valuation
- AstraZeneca 2021 Full Year Financial Results
- Why Walmart Failed in Brazil
- Super Bowl Commercials: The Year of Crypto-currencies
- You Need to Learn AWS Right Now
- 9 Best Project Management Software in 2022
- Be Consistent – Motivational Speech by Indra Nooyi
- How Tesla Builds Its Factories So Quickly
- What is Going to Change in Marketing in 2022
- Will Inflation Cause a Stock Market Crash in 2022?
- What are Carbon Markets and Why are They Important?
- What Are The Steps of the Software Development Lifecycle?
- 37-Year-Old IITian Parag Agarwal Is New Twiter CEO
- What is a Hybrid Work Model
- Pitching Successfully to Investors – Shark Tank
- COP26: World leaders from nearly 200 nations reach climate agreement
- Why Metaverse is the Future of Work
- Overcoming Fear – Carly Fiorina
- It’s a Jungle of Metrics and Benchmarks
- Spanx CEO Sara Blakely Offers Advice to Redefine Failure
- Ajay Banga – CEO of Mastercard – Minority in the Workplace
- Why Rakuten’s CEO Wants His Staff to Speak English and Learn to Code
- China Bans Crypto Trading and Mining
- What is a RACI Matrix?
- Getting Into Cybersecurity
- How a Career in Consulting Looks Like
- How to Calculate your Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- The RIGHT Way to do Work-Life Balance
- GDPR Explained
- What is a super app and why haven’t they gone global?
- 5 Ways to Infuse Diversity and Inclusion Into Your Organization
- Is Sustainable Investing Just a Marketing Ploy?
- How Xiaomi Broke Out of China to go Global
- Why Birkin bags are so expensive
- Circular Economy
- United Airlines’ Bet on Supersonic Flight
- The Number 1 Predictor of Happiness in the Workplace
- Steve Jobs Talks About Managing People
- The Rise of Emirates
- 11 Best Investing Tips
- Loyalty in the Workplace
- The Adoption of 4.0 Technologies in Asia
- Introduction to Big Data
- How Digital Marketing Will Change in 2021
- 2021 Customer Experience Strategies
- 4 Ways to Embrace Conflict and Grow as a Leader
- What are NFTs?
- Why U.S. Malls are Disappearing
- When David Velez Tried to Open a Bank Account in Brazil
- Natura CEO Roberto Marques on the Avon Merger
- Getting to Yes Across Cultures
- Interview with Sheik Mohammed – Ruler of Dubai
- Why China Loves KFC
- How toilet paper companies dealt with 845% demand spike
- 3 Tips on Negotiation
- How Apple is Organized for Innovation
- What can we learn from eCommerce in China?
- Gain Competitive Advantage v4
- 5 Forces of Porter
- The Winners and Losers of Holiday Shopping Season
- CEO Talks – Leadership and Perspective
- OECD Global Economy Outlook for 2021
- Bernard Marr – Technology Trends for 2021
- How to Financially Thrive in the Long Run
- Ford’s Fight to Remain an American Icon
- How Memories Form and How Can We Lose Them
- Procurement vs Purchasing
- How Smartphones Sabotage Your Brain
- Peru Country Brand
- Hyperloop – The Future of Travel
- What is a Business Model?
- How to answer the question: Tell me about yourself?
- Why is poverty rising in Japan?
- The Tiny House Market
- Alibaba’s keyless and cashless hotel
- The Rise of Lowsumerism
- The Decoy Effect
- Does Your Job Match Your Personality?
- Google and Amazon are now in the oil business
- The Unicorn That Transformed the Design Industry
- Investment Real Estate
- Sara Blakely Teaches Entrepreneurship
- How Red Bull Makes Money?
- Interview with Paulo Kakinoff – CEO of Gol Airlines
- Sneaky Ways Starbucks Gets You to Spend More Money
- Mark Zuckerberg Testifies Before Senate
- 10 New Tech Inventions 2020
- Indra Nooyi
- Living on US$ 150k a Year in NYC
- The Internet’s Second Revolution
- Living on USD80k a Year in LA
- Farewell of Heineken CEO
- Ikea’s Capitalism
- Why Apple Fails in India?
- How to Create a Morning Routine – Tim Ferris
- Augmented Reality Magic Leap
- How to create a great brand name
- Case Interview
- The Future of Insurance
- Local Motors
- Don’t ever buy a car
- Coronavirus threatens to become a global economic pandemic
- Interview with Bill Gates in 1991
- Silent Meetings
- What is Design Thinking
- Why gender-based marketing is bad for business
- The Types of Mentors for Your Career
- Why Uber is Losing Money?
- Is Norway a Perfect Economy?
- Finding Your Passion
- Steve Jobs Speech
- Larry Page to Step Down
- Gravity CEO
- How to Structure Your Day for Peak Performance
- How to ask for a raise
- The Spectacular Rise and Fall of WeWork
- 10 Job Skills for 2020
- Alibaba’s New Retail Explained
- How to Create a Budget to Reach Your Financial Goals
- Tesla Solar Roof
- Don’t Just Sell Stuff – Satisfy Needs
- How to find the person who can help you get ahead at work?
- Radical Wisdom for a School, a Company, a Life
- Why some countries are rich and other countries are poor
- Google Duplex
- Brazil World Cup Legacy
- Create Slides People Will Remember
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Digital Nomads
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Heineken – The Candidate
- Columbia Sportsware
- Artificial Intelligence
1-d / 2-d / 3-a